Please read this policy carefully
All Mediators working at Farnham Mediation take the privacy of your information seriously. This policy applies to our use of any and all data collected by us and / or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
This policy applies only to the actions of mediators working at Farnham Mediation and users of this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including social media websites.
We may collect the following personal data, from you: name; contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers; IP address, web browser type and version, operating system (automatically collected). We also collect information relevant to your case including family and financial information, this is stored confidentially on paper and electronically for the duration required by law and regulation.
Who we share Data with:
We may share your Data with our mediators – to ensure that we are able to contact you in order to discuss whether you would like to use our mediation service;
Keeping Data Secure:
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us on 01252 411026.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access: the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request.
- Right to correct: the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase: the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data: the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit our use.
- Right to data portability: the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object: the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us on 01252 411026.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes.
25 November 2021